I’d like to encourage you to look at things you love on the internet and to play with the inspirations to create your own works of art. On the photographs below I used the new skills I learned from Neil Tasker regarding lettering and the skills I learned from Kim Thomas regarding product photography during two classes that I took on Skillshare.
To remember the new skills I will outline the two important things I learned from each course here:
– Start with guide lines. These are horizontal lines to draw your letters on. Also add a slant line for the slant of the letters. The letter spacing is spontaneous (use your gut feeing for that).
– Sketch with pencils.
– Scan your drawing and trace using Illustrator.
– In Illustrator first draw a point. The the second point needs to be dragged to form a curve before letting go of the mouse. When you’re happy with the result let go of the mouse.
– To convert lines to shapes with a fill, select the objects and use the command: Object>Path>Convert (make sure that both outline and fill are selected).
– Then use the pathfinder tools to combine the shapes.
– Work on details until you’re happy with the finished lettering.
b) PRODUCT PHOTOGRAPHY
– Start with a custom white balance.
– Set up a stage near a window with a backdrop. I used two moveable wallpapers one as a table top and the other as a back wall. Beside the object I placed a white folder to reflect the light back on the object.
– Put your camera on a tripod and use a remote control.
– Set ISO to 100, use a high f-stop if you want the depth of the object to be sharp.
– Then select the shutter speed. Select the shutter speed so the product is over exposed. This is better for product photography. cheap nike air max
– Once you have the photo on the screen save it on your computer. nike air max cheap
– Correct the brightness and curves before you start to work on the backdrop colour. nike air max 90 sale
– If you want the background totally white use a gradient tool (white to transparent gradient) and masks in Photoshop and paint the background behind the image to make all corners totally white.
I hope you have fun with your experiments. Let me know what you did! cheap isabel marant shoes